The Youth Red Cross is a unit that is meant to involve the youth in working towards building a better society with the principles followed by that of the International Red Cross Society.
The Youth Red Cross unit of the college was started in the year 2017 as per the university guidelines. The unit is formed to spread awareness among the youth regarding various social issues.
Youth Red Cross has the following three principles:
- Protection of Health & Life
- Service to the Sick & Suffering
- Promotion of National & International Friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth
With these in mind, the YRC unit of our college involves students in the following programs regularly:
- Blood Donation Camps
- Free Dental Check Up Camps
- Cleanliness and awareness programs
- Ms. Swetha, Dept. of Journalism