- The department has a long history of 38 years. The first batch of students was admitted to the B.Sc. course in the year 1978. The department is located in the ground floor in science block and has two laboratories,a staff room and preparation cum store room. The department has three teaching faculties and a administrative staff. The total strength of B.Sc students is 85. Apart from the regular teaching and evaluation activities,the department has been conducting many other activities like “Reaching out to society” and industrial visits.
We strogly believe in traditional chalk and board teaching so that the students will understand by hearing ,listening and observing. We are not lagging in modern method of teaching by using power point,OHP,models etc
Apart from the prescribed syllabus we also arrange guest lectures and seminars. students are motivated to participate in various compititions conducted by the university. Students are also guided to compete and succeed to get selected in various famous research institution.
Our vision is to facilitate students, largely coming from rural areas ,reach higher levels of knowledge ,capabilities and human values by the persuit of excellence and promotion of quality for leadership .
Our moto is to make the education to reach each and every student without discriminating the caste, creed and intelligence. Keeping this as our objective the department works to bring excellence among the students by
- Look into overall devolopment of the student.
- To develop practical skills and to make the students confident.
- Help them to find employment .
- To guide the students to compete and succeed to get admitted to various famous research institutions.
- To update our knowledge with time and try to be better teachers.
In order to achieve the objecties, the department has planned the following.
- Students are encouraged and guided to carry out minor research projects
- Regular tests are conducted so that the slow learners and advanced learners are identified and guided to rectify their mistakes.
- Students are guided to give seminars to enhance their confidence.
- An outreach program “Young minds great ideas” are conducted ,in which B.Sc students actively participate.
- A certificate course on vermiculture is organized by the department to expose the students to the new field.