The Department of Computer Science was introduced in the year 1992. Computer Science was being offered as one of the optional subjects for B.Sc. students. In 1995 , Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Application( PGDCA) was introduced. In 1994 the College introduced Computer Applications as a vocational subject for the B.Com course .Later Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A.) was introduced in the year 2007.All the courses are affiliated to Mangalore University.
The total student’s strength of this department during the academic year 2018-2019 is nearly 150. Six qualified experienced teaching staffs are working for this department. The department has three well equipped computer lab with 80 computers with AC and internet facilities. Hand On computers are given for students. Nearly 60% of the students are recruited by various software companies through campus placement.
- We train our students to become Computer professionals and expose them to face the challenges in the IT world.
- We lay great stress on the development of character and discipline among students so that they can turn out to be worthy citizens.
- We are always ready to provide the necessary guidance to students in making their academic life wholesome and interesting; As a result there is an increase in the number of students getting placement during campus interviews.
- To groom Computer Professionals who can be directly employed .To make the students competent to pursue higher studies like MCA, M.Sc. (CS), M. Sc. (IT),MBA etc.
- We also conduct a certificate based- workshop on the recent trending software application in tie up with IIT Bombay (robokart) for imparting knowledge in recent technologies.