The department of Hindi of Govinda Dasa College established in 1967, offers common course for the students of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BCA both of the regular and self-financing streams. The founder professor of the department was Prof.Janardhan Bhat. Two faculty members are currently teaching 125 students belonging to 4 departments. Our thurst has always been on the student attributes and on holistic development of the students so that they can display multiple skill in Hindi language.
The department takes personal care for each and every student and a very close relation exists between the students and the teachers.Tutorials, tests, assignments are taken at regular intervals to train up the students to complete the course successfully.Seminars, debates are encouraged to enhance the confidence of students.There is good collection of books and reference books in our Library and the teachers help them to choose the correct book.
The students also take part in various competitions as debates, essay writing, recitations and Hindi drama in other institutions. Students also take part in college activities as Wall Magazine, Sports and Cultural activities.
Objectives of the Department
- To develop excellent proficiency in the Hindi language.
- To develop the ability to use the language effectively for the purpose of practical communication and to make them think and express ideas, sentiments in the language.
- To improve their reading and writing skill.
- To enhance their ability to communicate effectively and acquire the pronunciation of native speaker by means of spoken Hindi.
- To strengthen student’s ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate all forms of literary expression.