Department of Political Science was started in 1967 with the aim to train students in the fundamentals of Political Science. Since then the department has produced s good number of students who have excelled in arts, literature, sports, journalism, politics, social service and various fields. Many of them have turned out to be excellent academicians, lawyers, teachers, journalists, social workers and business executives.
Activities of the Department:
Department invites distinguished scholars, Academicians and conducts workshops, seminars, Special Lectures on various subjects of Political Science. In addition, the department is also engaged in research activities. The faculty has published extensively in the form articles, research papers, reports etc.
Subjects of Teaching:
- Indian Constitution and Human Rights ( Mandatory Paper for I Year B.A, B.Com, B.C.A, B.Sc courses )
- Introduction to Political Science- I Semester BA
- Comparative Government and Politics- II Semester BA
- Indian Political System- III Semester BA
- Political Thinkers-IV Semester BA
- Public Administration- V semester BA