The NAAC advocated the establishment of IQAC by all the accredited “institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. GovindaDasa College established the IQAC on 10 December 2004, in accordance with the NAAC guidelines. The IQAC is the quality management system to ensure a continuous institutionalization of quality practices, so that the institution excels in standards while serving its students and stakeholders.
The broad objective of the IQAC is to develop system of conscious and consistent action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. Its specific objectives are the following.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of faculty development programmes.
- Organization of workshops, and seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Organization of remedial classes for the benefits of learners.
- Preparation of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.
- Strengthening of Research endeavors.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- integration of modern methods like computer assisted teaching, learning and evaluation (ICT Methods).
- Ensuring adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
The IQAC facilitates to the enhancement of integration of various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices. The following outcomes are found in the institution since its inception:
- Mentor system is institutionalized.
- Remedial classes for the benefit of the learners are conducted.
- Skill oriented courses/classes like computer literacy, communicative English and basic accountancy are provided.
- Seminars, workshops and conferences are organized.
- Faculty members present papers in state, national and international seminars and conferences.
- Faculty members act as Research Guides for M.Phil and Ph.D works.
- Meaningful evaluation of teachers’ performance by the students is made.
- Feed back (an exit survey) form outgoing students for the development of the institution is obtained.
- Student Quality Assurance Cell (SQAC) is formed to facilitate the students to play a supportive roll in enhancing and assuring quality in education delivery service and activities of students associations.
- Efficiency charts for both teaching and non-teaching staff are prepared and administered.
- The teachers make use of Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) method of teaching and learning.
- Students make use of ICT enable methods for seminar paper presentation.
- Faculty members make use of CAL method for teaching and learning.
- The college has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with other academic institutions and social organizations, which include:
- AIM-Insights, C.L.H.R.D, Mangalore
- St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore
- A.J Institute of Management.
- Government College, Kavoor
- Govenrmnet College, Haleyangady
- Dharmasthala Rural Development Programme.
- Kuvempu University Distance Education, Shimoga.
- Karnataka State Open University, Mysore.
- D.K District Federation of Consumer Organisations, Mangalore
- Kanara Small Industries Association through A.J Institute of Management.
- Mr. E. Janardhan, President, H.V. Sangha (R.), Surathkal
- Mr. Ramesh Kulai, Director-Administration, GovindaDasa College, Surathkal
- Mr. M. Venkat Rao, Secretary, H.V.Sangha (R.), Surathkal
- Dr. Shivashankara Bhat, Principal, GovindaDasa College, Surathkal
- Mr. Krishnamoorthy P., Vice Principal, GovindaDasa College, Surathkal
- Ms. Violet Miranda, Dean, Faculty of Arts
- Mr. Neelappa V., Dean, Science Department
- Mr. Ganesha Acharya B., Dean, Commerce Department
- Mr. Leeladhar, President, Parent Teacher Association
- Mr. Surendra Kumar, Office Manager
- Prof. Hareesh Acharya P., Co-ordinator, IQAC
- Prof. Neelappa V., Co-ordinator, IQAC
- IQAC Student Co-ordinator