Our vision is to facilitate students, largely coming from rural areas, reach higher levels of knowledge, capabilities and human values by the pursuit of excellence and promotion of quality for leadership.
- To look into the overall development of the students
- To develop practical skills and to make the students confident
- To help them to find employment
- To guide the students to compete and succeed to get admitted to various famous research institutions
- To equip ourselves with modern developments in the field
- To update our knowledge with time and try to be better teachers
In order to achieve the objectives, the department has the following plans,
- Students are encouraged and guided to carry out minor research projects
- Regular tests are conducted so that the slow learners and advanced learners are identified and are guided to rectify their mistakes
- Students are guided to give seminars to enhance their confidence
Students’ Performance and achievements
- As a part of academic schedule, 2nd year MSc students visit chemical and pharmaceutical companies like Syngenta, MCF, Campco etc for their project works.
- A number of students carried out projects on topics like qualitative analysis of different honey samples, synthesis of activated charcoal from natural resources etc in our own chemistry laboratory.
- Passed out students are placed in reputed companies like Unitop Chemicals (Gujrat), Meylan Chemicals (Bangalore), Sequent Scientific Ltd. (Mangalore) etc. Many are pursuing higher studies. Some have entered into teaching and research professions.